[oXygen-user] problem navigating through folders in Open option (Ubuntu 12.04)

Adrian Buza adrian at sync.ro
Mon Jun 11 08:35:56 CDT 2012

Hello,

@Robert:
As David pointed out, the bugs in the Open/Save file chooser dialogs are
common to all Java applications because they are present in the Java VM
implementation. We are aware of these problems in these dialogs and have
tried to bypass them on other platforms (Windows, Mac), but so far we
have not found a good way to avoid them for Linux. We have logged your
report to our issue tracking tool.

@David:
We have had one other report of such a bug with the menus, though it was
inconsistent. I've added your report to our issue tracking tool.
This seems to be another Java related problem. I believe it eventually
went away by using OpenJDK instead of the Java SE 6 RE bundled with
Oxygen. If you install the OpenJDK JRE on your system, you can bypass
the JRE bundled with Oxygen by renaming the 'jre' directory from the
Oxygen installation directory. When starting Oxygen, it will use the JRE
configured in the JAVA_HOME or the PATH environment variable (in this
order).

If you encounter any issues when using Oxygen with OpenJDK, I recommend
going back to the one bundled with Oxygen by renaming the old jre folder
back to its original name: 'jre'.

Regards,
Adrian

Adrian Buza