[oXygen-user] How to Handle HTML Files with DOCTYPE Decl

Radu Coravu radu_coravu at sync.ro
Mon Jan 30 07:55:55 CST 2012

Hi Chris,

Yes and no :)

So yes, as you observed the:

> <rewriteSystem systemIdStartString="http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML2/dtd/" rewritePrefix="content/dtd/"/>

is already in place in the catalog file.

But the catalog file is actually used by Oxygen (at least by the Oxygen
13 versions with which I've tested).
In the "Document Type Association" Preferences page the "MathML"
configured document type adds this catalog to the used catalogs list.

Actually using the default settings in Oxygen 13.2 I unplugged the
network connection and it was not necessary to validate the file, Oxygen
first tries to resolve the public ID via catalog (and fails), then tries
to resolve the system (and succeeds) via the catalog file.
I even tried to apply from Oxygen an XSLT transformation over the HTML
file and it succeeded as Oxygen's catalog resolver is still used by the
XSLT transformations.

So it already works over the local DTD after Eliot followed your
suggestion to correct the MathML system id in the HTML file.