[oXygen-user] How to Handle HTML Files with DOCTYPE Decl

Radu Coravu radu_coravu at sync.ro
Mon Jan 30 02:22:34 CST 2012

Hi Eliot,

I agree with everything Chris says, resolving the DTD throught a catalog
should be best.
A while ago the W3C server was intentionally changed to disallow
consecutive connections to the schemas stored on it.
Oxygen indeed caches the associated schema (in fact it caches the
associated grammar) for validation but if you apply XSLT stylesheets on
your XML content they will connect each time to the web.

One hint would be for you to open this catalog file:

> OXYGEN_INSTALL_DIR/frameworks/mathml2/catalog.xml

and add the following mapping to it:

> <public publicId="-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1 plus MathML 2.0//EN" uri="dtd/xhtml-math-svg.dtd"/>

I am not quite sure the referenced DTD is 100% identical with the one at
W3C but it is a DTD for editing XHTML 1.1 + MathML 2.0 + SVG so it might
be enough.
I'll look more into this and see if we can add this mapping by default
in Oxygen.