[oXygen-user] Popups in Author mode ?

David Lee dlee at calldei.com
Wed Feb 15 11:01:01 CST 2012

I'd like to implement something like a popup note in Author.
I looked at various CSS implementations ... most use JavaScript which I don't see as supported in Author Mode, but one example used something like this: (below)

But I found Oxygen doesn't support hover.   Is there anything else that could be used in its place like clicking on a link ?  suggestions welcome.

a.info{
    position:relative; /*this is the key*/
    z-index:24; background-color:#ccc;
    color:#000;
    text-decoration:none}

a.info:hover{z-index:25; background-color:#ff0}

a.info span{display: none}

a.info:hover span{ /*the span will display just on :hover state*/
    display:block;
    position:absolute;
    top:2em; left:2em; width:15em;
    border:1px solid #0cf;