[oXygen-user] regression of oxygen 12.2: validation against rnc schema without .rnc extension on URL [RETRACTION]

George Cristian Bina
Mon Jun 20 07:06:29 CDT 2011

Hi Florent,

The xml-model spec says:
***
href

     Specifies the location of the referenced schema. Documents must
specify this pseudo-attribute. Documents must set the *value* to a
string that matches the grammar for <IRI-reference> given in RFC 3987
[RFC3987].
***

and *value* above points to

http://www.w3.org/XML/2009/12/xml-stylesheet/#dt-value

***
[Definition: The string matched by PseudoAttValue in the PseudoAtt
production — after any CharRefs and PredefEntityRefs are replaced with
the characters they represent — constitutes the value of the
corresponding pseudo-attribute.] Each CharRef in PseudoAttValue is
replaced with the character it represents according to XML. [XML] Each
PredefEntityRef in PseudoAttValue is replaced with with U+0026 (&) if it
is "&amp;", U+003C (<) if it is "&lt;", U+003E (>) if it is "&gt;",
U+0022 (") if it is "&quot;" and U+0027 (') if it is "&apos;".
***

which defines the value as a string matching the PseudoAttValue
production that is further processed to replace some entity references
with characters.

The important thing is the PseudoAttValue production that the string
needs to match, and that does not allow & directly, only as part of an
entity reference:

[3]   	PseudoAttValue	   ::=   	('"' ([^"<&] | CharRef |
PredefEntityRef)* '"' | "'" ([^'<&] | CharRef | PredefEntityRef)* "'")

Please let me know if you still think that & should be allowed.