[oXygen-user] oXygen Author-mode document comparison plugin

David Cramer
Wed Jul 6 10:08:20 CDT 2011

Very nice!

I haven't tested it with content that contains entities or xincludes
yet. How does it treat those in the result of the comparison? Does it
produce one big document with all entities and xincludes resolved? Or
does it preserve those in the result?

Two bugs to report:

1. The file chooser dialog shows no files unless I change the "Files of
type" field to "All files" (the default "Any file, *, *.*, *.XML..."
doesn't seem to match anything).

2. If you have a document with a DOCTYPE statement but with no DTD, it
fails to parse the document. This situation arises when you use a schema
to validate the document but add a DOCTYPE to declare entities. For
example, if you attempt to load two versions of the following valid
DocBook 5.x document, it fails to load the first one complaining that
"book" has not been defined:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE book [
    <!ENTITY FOO 'base'>
]>
<book version="5.0" xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook"
      xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
      xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude">
    <title>All your &FOO; are belong to us</title>
	<chapter>
	<title>blah</title>
	<para>blah</para>
</chapter>
</book>

The plugin complains:

Compare failed

Problem loading the A input
    (com.deltaxml.framework.c_a.c_b)

Caused by:

Problem loading the A input
    (com.deltaxml.docbook.c_h)
Element type "book" must be declared.
    (org.xml.sax.SAXParseException)
My Environment:

<oXygen/> XML Author 12.2, build 2011051714

Linux anatine 2.6.38-8-generic #42-Ubuntu SMP Mon Apr 11 03:31:24 UTC
2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

David