[oXygen-user] Viewing . (dot) directories / files in OS X

Beims Bob-RWBC70
Fri Jul 1 09:06:06 CDT 2011

Sorin;

Thanks for the pointer back into the archive. However, it would have saved
us
both a lot of time if the "press command-shift-period" toggle were
described
in your help file.

I somewhat expected this issue to have been "fixed" in one of the releases
since
10.3 (when I originally asked the question), so when I was trying to open a
hidden file and couldn't remember how, I popped up your Help, typed the
term
"hidden files" and found (Windows) screen shots showing the configuration
option
in Options > Preferences > Global with a note waaaaay at the bottom of the
topic
saying "This setting is not available on Mac OS X."

Why don't you add the note to the text in your help file that says
something to
the effect of "On OS X, you can display/hide hidden files in Open/Save
dialog
boxes by pressing command-shift-period."?

Regards,
Bob