[oXygen-user] Default Setting for " Enable DTD/XML Schema processing in document type detection"

Eliot Kimber
Fri Sep 10 09:57:58 CDT 2010

I noticed that the Enable DTD/XML Schema processing in document type
detection setting in Document Type Associations is not on by default.

Is there any reason that the default shouldn't be that this is on with "Only
for local DTDs" also turned on?

I ask because I set up a new dev environment for a client and it took me a
while to figure out why Oxygen wasn't recognizing her specialized topics as
DITA even though I had deployed the document types to Oxygen's Toolkit.

I finally remembered this setting and turned it on, but it seems like it
would be useful to have it on by default so that DITA processing in
particular is more likely to just work.

Cheers,

E.

--