[oXygen-user] Can't uninstall/reinstall Eclipse plugin

Ted Kuster
Tue Oct 26 13:40:58 CDT 2010

I need to reinstall Oxygen Author 12, in Eclipse 3.5.2 on Ubuntu 10.4. I
have completely cleaned any traces of Oxygen from my Eclipse
installation --a file search reveals no files with any form of the
string "oxygen" anywhere in the file system. I have restarted Eclipse
with the -clean option. No Oxygen-related options or settings are
available anywhere in the Eclipse UI. However, when I try to use Help >
Install New Software to install Oxygen, Eclipse refuses on the grounds
that Oxygen is already installed. What am I doing wrong?
--
Ted Kuster
help.collab.net