[oXygen-user] Note on transformation scenarios

Eliot Kimber
Sun Jan 24 10:43:31 CST 2010

On 1/24/10 10:34 AM, "Steven Ericsson-Zenith" <> wrote:

> Dear George,
>
> It would be most useful if the transformation scenarios had an option
> that required the document in the editor to be refreshed after the
> transform (for cases where an XQuery transform is applied to the
> current document in a database and the editor does not spot the change).
>
> Also, use of XSLT result-document to generate multiple documents
> overrides the default document generated, the transformation scenarios
> do not handle this case (they always expect a result file). It's
> annoying to have Oxygen generate a preview of an empty file in these
> cases.

In that case, you can simply not have the bogus output document opened in
the editor. You manually open whatever result documents you generate and
leave them open. Rerunning the transform updates those docs on the file
system and Oxygen will either automatically refresh them or ask you if you
want to refresh them, depending your auto-refresh settings.

Having said that, I agree that it would be handy to be able to specify the
name of the result file to open separate from the nominal output file, so
that when a transform does use result-document and you can predict what the
name of the result will be, Oxygen will open it automatically. I think
there's a general case of transforms that take an "output document" XSLT
parameter or some other parameter that determines the names of the result
documents.

Cheers,

Eliot

--