[oXygen-user] DITA-OT Transformation library dependencies

Jan Nylund
Mon Sep 28 08:36:54 CDT 2009

Hello!

When running DITA-OT transformation scenarios in oxygen, some oxygen
specific jar's are automatically added to the command. One of them,
oxygen.jar is putting some requirements on what versions of other
libraries can be used. This causes issues when running an personal
version of DITA-OT if I want to use the libraries included with DITA-OT.

Oxygen 10.3: xercexImpl.jar needs to be of version 2.9.1. Using xerces
2.9.0 (the version that comes with DITA-OT 1.5M20) throws the error:
  java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/xerces/util/
XMLLocatorWrapper

Copying the command to shell and removing the lib include for
oxygen.jar makes it work with the older version of xercesImpl.jar.

Oxygen 11 Beta:  oxygen.jar causes external DITA-OT to fail on (I
haven't had time to track down this problem any further.):

gen-list-without-flagging:
  [pipeline] Using XERCES.
  [pipeline] java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot read
edition.properties file
  [pipeline] 	at net.sf.saxon.Configuration.<clinit>(Unknown Source)

Request: A possibility to disable oxygen.jar / author.jar, etc. from
the DITA-OT transformation call.

Br,
Jan

--