[oXygen-user] selection plugin results to result pane?

Christian Wittern
Thu Oct 29 13:54:21 CDT 2009

Dear George,

Thanks for your answer anyway.

George Cristian Bina wrote:
> A selection plugin can display any GUI he wants. What would be the
> advantage of having those in the results pane versus a plugin provided
> window or dialog? If the plugin is implemented to allow the user to
> modify the information it presents I see no problem to allow the user
> to change some of the entries from the database - beu this needs to be
> implemented by that plugin.
I guess the main reason to re-use the result pane would be that it is
working so well and a Oxygen user is used to it.  But I agree that a
separate GUI window could also work.  I have to give it some thought.

> A content completion filter is an interesting extension and it can
> provide also annotations to the offered values. The annotations are
> presented next to the content completion window when a value is
> selected. This filter class receives the context the content
> completion is invoked in and the list of proposals oXygen is about to
> display. It should return the same or an updated list of proposals
> (adding, modifying or deleting entries). Each proposal is represented
> by a content completion item that contains mainly what will be
> inserted in the document, what will be rendered in the content
> completion window and the annotations that will be rendered next to a
> selected proposal.
> You can use this extension to provide ID values as what will be
> inserted, then you can either provide also the values as what will be
> rendered in the completion list or some short descriptions if you have
> such info, then as annotations provide the complete descriptions of
> the entries.
This would be a useful extension to the current way, I think.  Are there
plans to actually implement this?

Christian

--
 Christian Wittern