[oXygen-user] Allowed elements in a:documentation?

George Cristian Bina
Mon Oct 12 04:42:35 CDT 2009

Hi Patrick,

My second part of the answer refers to the fact that in a Relax NG
grammar you can use any element not in the Relax NG namespace as
documentation, but not inside a:documentation, instead or at the same
level with a:documentation:

<grammar xmlns="http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/1.0"
xmlns:my="http://www.example.com/doc">
     <start>
         <element name="root">
             <my:doc>Root element description... <my:x>It is</my:x> -
<my:y>empty!</my:y></my:doc>
             <empty/>
         </element>
     </start>
</grammar>

my:doc in the above case is also annotation.

To enable oXygen to present the annotations other than a:documentation
next to content completion proposals you need to enable the "Use all
Relax NG annotations as documentation" from Options->Preferences --
Editor / Content Completion / Annotations.

You can use also elements inside a:documentation, that is not a Relax NG
schema error but it will not be according with the DTD compatibility
spec that defines the a:documentation element.