[oXygen-user] Useful Feature?: Don't Use Author if No Associated CSS

George Cristian Bina
Sat Oct 3 12:33:44 CDT 2009

Hi Eliot,

You should not need to specify the default mode for the XML editors as
the Author mode in version 11. oXygen 11 added support to specify the
default mode/page also in the framework/document type. For all the
frameworks that we support DITA, DocBook, TEI, etc. we already set that
to Author. Thus you can keep the default mode for the XML editors to
Text and unknown files will be opened in Text mode while the DITA, etc.
files will be opened in Author mode.

Please let me know if you still think that an additional option is needed.