[oXygen-user] Applying CSS to basic DocBook transform

Karen Schneider
Sat May 16 09:23:40 CDT 2009

This again falls into the category of "I can do this in xsltproc," and
I've reviewed the online documentation as well. I'm trying to be clear
about the process so I can figure out why I can either produce
unstyled HTML or get the error "could not find a stylesheet in the
"xml-stylesheet" declaration" but cannot seem to produce a styled web
page. I've been basing my efforts on
http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-author/common-transformations.html .

* I have an XML file. For simplicity in this test I'm processing it
with docbook.xsl .

* I have a CSS file. it appears to be valid.

* I set up a transformation with docbook.xsl from the XHTML directory
(I've also tried HTML), uncheck FO processing, select the CSS file as
my XSL file (which requires toggling to view/all files while
browsing).

Now, because I've called the CSS in the transformation, do I or do I
not place it directly in the XML file?

Also, should I check off "use xml-stylesheet declaration" in the
transformation?