[oXygen-user] oXygen on XP and XInclude subdirectories in DocBook

Karen Schneider
Mon May 11 09:05:35 CDT 2009

Hi all, I am new to oXygen and am trying to wrap my head around an
XInclude question. I'm planning a proof-of-concept project for
DocBook. My local environment is Windows XP and I am committing files
to our Linux-based public repository via svn.

where all hrefs are in the same subdirectory it's easy to see how to
do this. I'm trying to clarify how to make this happen in Docbook
using oXygen (and -- where this becomes an oXygen question -- get them
to validate). In the xi:include statements, do I use a pattern of
file:///directory/filename.xml ...?

I include a snippet of work in progress, if that helps clarify my question.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<book version="5.0" xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook"
  xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude">

  <xi:include  href="/Intro/Introduction.xml"
    xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude" />

  <xi:include  href="/Installation/Installation.xml"
    xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude" />

  <xi:include  href="/Sysadmin/Administration.xml"