[oXygen-user] Success with Scenario, failure in bat file

Sorin Ristache
Tue May 5 02:32:46 CDT 2009

Hello,

fop.bat adds Xalan to the classpath which is an XSLT 1.0 transformer.
You have to edit fop.bat and replace Xalan with Saxon 9. For example you
can copy saxon9.jar from the Saxon 9 distribution from Saxonica to
[FOP-install-folder]/lib or you can copy saxon9sa.jar from
[Oxygen-install-folder]/lib to [FOP-install-folder]/lib. Replace in
fop.bat the line

set LOCALCLASSPATH=%LOCALCLASSPATH%;%LIBDIR%\xalan-2.7.0.jar

with the line:

set LOCALCLASSPATH=%LOCALCLASSPATH%;%LIBDIR%\saxon9sa.jar

If you use saxon9sa.jar without a license for Saxon SA (schema aware)
the transformer of saxon9sa.jar will display a warning and run in basic
mode (Saxon B, like saxon9.jar) but it runs your XSLT 2.0 transformation
without problems if the transformation is not schema aware. If your XSLT
2.0 transformation is schema aware you need a license for Saxon SA from
Saxonica for using it from command line.