[oXygen-user] Embedding fonts in Oxygen for FOP

Mark Wilson
Mon Mar 2 15:57:09 CST 2009

I am trying to embed a font containing Czech glyphs. Following Oxygen's
instructions to embed a font in FOP for pdf output:

On my Windows Vista system, with Apache FOP 0.95 and Oxygen 10.1, when I run
ttfConvert.bat (see below), I get the error: Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/fop/fonts/apps/TTFReader
org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader. When I look in that directory, there is
an html file with that name, but no Java file. I do note at the head of the
Oxygen document, it says for the built in FOP, but there is no org.apache...
sub directory under oxygen

Can you help?

set LIB=lib
set CMD=java -cp "%LIB%\fop.jar;%LIB%\avalon-framework-4.2.0.jar
set CMD=%CMD%;%LIB%\xml-apis.jar;%LIB%\xercesImpl.jar;%LIB%\xalan.jar
set CMD=%CMD%;%LIB%\serializerOxygen.jar"
set FONT_DIR=C:\Windows\Fonts
%CMD% %FONT_DIR%\Tleeur.ttf TLEastEurope.xml