[oXygen-user] Author : saving and updating project

Sorin Ristache
Wed Jul 29 04:27:04 CDT 2009

Hello,

The physical folders are updated automatically in the Project view only
on a switch of the focus from other view or editor to the Project view.
If you work only on the Project view (you do not switch focus to other
editor/view of the Oxygen window) and the content of some physical
folder of the current project is changed on disk by other user then a
Refresh (F5) action is needed. Avoiding this Refresh action invoked
manually by the user would imply that Oxygen run a *continuous*
background action to check the synchronization between the disk content
and the project view content. Such continuous background actions slow
down other editing actions. We see it as a trade-off that favors other
more frequent use cases.