[oXygen-user] XML Spec framework catalog

Sorin Ristache
Mon Jan 19 08:13:26 CST 2009

Hello,

That rewriteSystem element maps the reference to xmlspec.rng from the
sample XML file of type XMLSpec to the local version stored in
frameworks/xmlspec/schema. If you create a new XML document from the
XMLSpec template you see the reference:

<?oxygen RNGSchema="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/06/schema/xmlspec.rng"
type="xml"?>

The local schema is:

frameworks/xmlspec/schema/xmlspec.rng

If only the predefined scenarios of the document type XMLSpec are used
then you do not need to add uri or rewriteURI elements because the
predefined scenarios use the paths ${frameworks}/xmlspec/fo/xmlspec.xsl,
${frameworks}/xmlspec/html/xmlspec.xsl, etc. If you want to use other
references in your stylesheet you can add uri entries to the XML catalog.