[oXygen-user] "<?oxygen RNGSchema" URI on different systems

George Cristian Bina
Fri Jan 16 01:33:27 CST 2009

Hi Florent,

No problem. Yes, the XML Catalogs are the answer. When you create a new
file, from templates and select XML Spec then you get that starting with

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?oxygen RNGSchema="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/06/schema/xmlspec.rng"
type="xml"?>
<spec>

and the above location is resolved to a local copy by the XML catalog we
provide for the XML Spec framework.

More important is that any user can create his own frameworks and
provide a similar support (as what we do for XML Spec, DocBook, etc.)
for other XML vocabularies and these new frameworks can be then shared
with other users. One idea further is to provide a space on
oxygenxml.com where people can post the frameworks they created that
they want to share with the rest of the oXygen users. Imagine a
framework for XProc, with document templates, default schema, custom
actions to invoke an XProc processor, etc. (another side note here - we
need to extend the framework custom action to work not only in Author
mode but also in text and grid mode).