[oXygen-user] External data from XQuery in Transformation Scenario.

Lars Huttar
Fri Feb 6 15:53:45 CST 2009

On 2/6/2009 3:51 PM, Lars Huttar wrote:

> I would agree that if you're going to provide XML pipeline features, it
> would be more useful if you could go with an existing standard (i.e.
> XProc), rather than reinventing the wheel... then the pipelines we use
> in Oxygen could be used elsewhere and vice versa.
>
> That would also help identify needed improvements to the XProc draft
> standard, as well as helping to drive adoption.
>
> Lars

P.S. Even though we use Cocoon heavily, I would prefer to see XProc
support in Oxygen than Cocoon sitemap support. The latter is not
designed for use outside of Cocoon. Nor is it designed to be a standard;
it has a lot of quirks.

Lars