[oXygen-user] External data from XQuery in Transformation Scenario.

Lars Huttar
Fri Feb 6 15:51:32 CST 2009

On 2/6/2009 11:28 AM, Florent Georges wrote:
> Mike Starov wrote:
>
>> Is this feature ( being able to arbitrarily create a
>> transformation pipeline ) on oXygen's development TODO list?
>> I think this will be useful for many people. Its like XProc
>> or Cocoon but its all local to the editor.
>
>   If we speak about future features related to the scenarii in
> oXygen, I think it would be more consistent to invest on XProc
> support, and allowing one to use an XProc script to drive a
> scenario.
>
>   But I am maybe not totally objective here ;-)
>
>   Regards,

I would agree that if you're going to provide XML pipeline features, it
would be more useful if you could go with an existing standard (i.e.
XProc), rather than reinventing the wheel... then the pipelines we use
in Oxygen could be used elsewhere and vice versa.

That would also help identify needed improvements to the XProc draft
standard, as well as helping to drive adoption.

Lars