[oXygen-user] Schematron validation "errors" enhancement

Wendell Piez
Thu Dec 3 09:47:35 CST 2009

Hi,

Since John has asked for thoughts:

At 09:43 AM 12/2/2009, he wrote:
>(1a) Alternatively, you could consider a convention where making
>@role on <rule> elements reset the default error level for all child
><report> or <assert> element, i.e. make it so that any child
><report> or <assert> elements that lack an explicit @role value will
>inherit the value from the parent <rule>. This makes some sense, but
>may be a stretch. What do people think?

This would be good, if it's not too much of a bother, and assuming
it's still consistent with the intended semantics of @role.

>(3) Very clever how you have a separate "Info" pane in the
>validation view that lists schematron outputs at the "info" level. Nice touch.

That does sound nice.

I'll be trying the new features myself pretty soon, but I haven't yet
-- it's not yet a blocker in my project. (I'll let George know if it
becomes one before 11.1's official date.)

Cheers,
Wendell

Wendell Piez                            mailto: