[oXygen-user] adding several tags around a highlighted item

Peter Boot
Sat Sep 13 06:02:42 CDT 2008

Hi Christian,

> While adding notes to a text, I would like to mark the word(s) that are to
> serve as anchors for the note and then the note itself, using something like
> <choice>
> <seg>Word</seg>
> <note>The word Word here has a special meaning... </note>
> </choice>

This is what sometimes tempts me to use another editor (jEdit), where
scripting something like this is very easy. I asked for a scripting
facility as an oXygen feature once, but was told it was unlikely to be
added in the near future. Situations like these are really a very common
phenomenon.

Best,
Peter