[oXygen-user] Number of recursive levels in XML Instance generator in Oxygen 10.0 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Tue Oct 28 00:54:56 CDT 2008

Hi,

I have noticed that a feature in Oxygen 10.0 is the XML instance generator
from W3C XML Schemas.  I use the ISO 19139 W3C XML Schemas with my work.  In
these there is an element called "MD_Identifier" which has an 'authority'
element as one of its children.  The 'authority' element is of type
'CI_Citation' which has a child element of 'identifier'.  This 'identifier'
element is of type 'MD_Identifier' so you see that there is a recursive call
on the 'MD_Identifier' element.

If these W3C XML Schemas were used to generate an XML document instance, the
resulting XML would just keep on being built until the process was stopped
unless there was a way of setting the number of times or levels that an
element is recursively called.  Can this be set in Oxygen 10.0?  That is, can
I stop the recursive call of an element and its children after so many loops?

Thanks.

John