[oXygen-user] Setting up and configuring the Idiom FO Plugin in 9.2

Sorin Ristache
Fri May 23 10:10:43 CDT 2008

Hello,

When the error message contains a string like
"frameworks\dita\DITA-OT\demo\fo\lib\xep\lib not found." usually the
cause is a missing XEP installation.

Why does the error message refer to an /Applications/DITA-OT1.4.1
directory instead of /Applications/Oxygen/frameworks/dita/DITA-OT? Did
you set an external DITA-OT in the scenario instead of the built-in one
in the Advanced tab of the DITA scenario dialog or in the dita.dir
parameter of the DITA build script (the Parameters tab of the DITA
scenario dialog)? In that case please note that XEP cannot be used with
the Idiom plugin in DITA-OT out of the box. We customized the built-in
DITA-OT distribution that comes with Oxygen/Author to allow that.

If you use the built-in DITA-OT (that is you have
${frameworksDir}/dita/DITA-OT/build.xml in the Advanced tab of the DITA
scenario dialog and you did not change the dita.dir parameter) and the
FO Processor tab of the DITA scenario dialog specifies in the "Detected
XEP directory" label under the Processor combo box a file path where XEP
really is installed then it looks like a bug in the detection of XEP. If
XEP is not installed the label should say "Not available".