[oXygen-user] Feature request: MathML support for equations

Gabrielle Burns
Mon Jul 14 12:45:22 CDT 2008

Does oXygen have plans to incorporate support for MathML in the near future?

We are currently using Oxygen 9.2 to create CHM (HTML Help) and PDF output
from the same files, based on DITA. Our source files (XML) currently include
over 200 equations. We create the equation files in MathType using its
MathML 2.0 translator setting, and save the equation files to GIF. This
approach renders a less than aesthetic equation output, either in the CHM or
PDF output. We have to apply a scaling attribute to the equation image in
the XML file to reduce the large equation sizes in PDF.

If oXygen users have suggestions for rendering equations in CHM and PDF
using DITA, these would be welcome. Thank you.

Gabrielle Burns
Lead Information Products Developer
BRO Software Applications
Breault Research Organization, Inc.