[oXygen-user] Feature Request: Remember parameters to trang converter

Wendell Piez
Fri Jan 4 10:35:58 CST 2008

At 11:15 AM 1/4/2008, Eliot wrote:
>>What do you mean by default to the directories used for input and
>>output? Do you mean to type only the file name in the output field
>>and store the output file in the same folder as the input one?
>
>No, I mean that when I click the "select" button for input or for
>output, the file chooser defaults to the last directory I used for
>input (for the input dialog) or for output (for the output dialog).
>
>For example, I was getting input from one directory and putting
>output to a different directory not anywhere near the input
>directory. So there was a lot of clicking around to navigate back to
>the output file having selected the input file.

I wonder whether both features (the one requested by Eliot and the
one suggested by Sorin) wouldn't be possible, or something like that.
Maybe the file chooser should remember the setting last used (as
Eliot says) but the default setting for the output should also be
relative to the input (until you change it).

If the dialog box were only to show the directories currently set,
even that would help. I'm always forgetting and placing my output
into oXygen's own directories.

Cheers,
Wendell

Wendell Piez                            mailto: