[oXygen-user] Drag to oXygen Dock icon (OS X) doesn't work

Thu Jan 3 05:56:47 CST 2008

Thanks for the details, Sorin.

> By default the html extension is not associated with oXygen in this
> way because generally HTML is not XML.

This makes good sense. What bothers me, though, is that oXygen
doesn't think it can open text (.txt or no extension), Perl (.pl,
.pm, .perl), shell-script (.sh, .bash) or lots of other files I know
it can open. I'm guessing this is because the data in the Info.plist
file also associates an icon, and perhaps a default application, with
an extension, and y'all did not want to be so presumptive as to
suggest that everyone would want their Perl programs, etc., to have
an oXygen icon or open in oXygen by default. This also makes good
sense.

But I'm wondering -- is there any way to tell Mac OS X that it is OK
to let oXygen open a file, even though it is not the default and does
not have an oXygen icon? (Or have I completely misunderstood this
stuff?)

If I had my druthers, oXygen would only associate its icon and be the
default application for .xsl, .fo, .xslfo, and .xslt files, but would
be *able* to open almost anything that I explicitly drag on top of it
or try to open via the Open dialog box. I am sure that other people
have similar desires with different lists of file types.

Thanks again.