[oXygen-user] Validating XML instance with a Schema which imports another Schema

Eric Jahn
Wed Apr 23 21:04:36 CDT 2008

Sorin, thank you for taking a look at this.  I fixed the problem you
noted by bringing the namespaces into alignment, but validation of
http://hmis.info/schema/2_8/Example_HUD_HMIS_2_8_Instance.xml
still does not allow the imported schema to be referenced.  Response
below.

On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 13:02 +0300, Sorin Ristache wrote:
> The error is that the target namespace of the imported schema
> http://www.hmis.info/schema/2_8/AIRS_3_0_draft5_mod.xsd
> is "http://cse.unl.edu/~bkutsch/3_0_draft_d5.xsd" which does
> not match the namespace used in the import element in
> HUD_HMIS_2_8.xsd (line 10).

I made the target namespace of the imported doc and the import statement
both refer to the same place:
http://www.hmis.info/schema/2_8/AIRS_3_0_draft5_mod.xsd
But I still get the same "Cannot resolve the name 'airs:tSiteService' to
a(n) 'type definition' component." error.  Thanks in advance for any
further insights.  -Eric