[oXygen-user] Validating XML instance with a Schema which imports another Schema

Eric Jahn
Tue Apr 22 18:50:51 CDT 2008

I believe this is a bug with Oxygen 9.1, but please correct me if I'm
erring in my thoughts or configuration.

Here is the scenario:

I have a schema which imports a second remote schema.  I can validate
this schema with its remote schema by configuring a custom validation
scenario which declares the remote schema urls, as opposed to using
local copies with a SchemaLocation declaration.  If I declare local
SchemaLocations, this all works and there are no validation errors, so I
think I have isolated the problem to an Oxygen 9.1 bug.

Now, I wish to perform the next logical step and validate an XML
instance of this remote schema.  The XML is located here:
http://www.hmis.info/schema/2_8/Example_HUD_HMIS_Instance.xml

Again, I set up an appropriate custom validation scenario declaring both
remote schema (the referred schema) at:
http://www.hmis.info/schema/2_8/HUD_HMIS_2_8.xsd

and the one it imports at:
http://www.hmis.info/schema/2_8/AIRS_3_0_draft5_mod.xsd

When I run the Oxygen default validation, I get the following error:

"Message:src-resolve: Cannot resolve the name 'airs:tSiteService' to
a(n) 'type definition' component."

It's complaining about not finding the schema imported by the referred
schema.  It does find the referred schema aok.  This should not happen,
as I don't get this error when validating the referred schema, for which
Oxygen's validator locates the imported schema when the custom
validation scenario is declared.

Thanks for either confirming a bug or determining my error.  -Eric