[oXygen-user] oXygen 9.2 Beta - ditamaps

Radu Coravu
Mon Apr 14 02:46:27 CDT 2008

Dear Steven,

Thank you for the kind words and valuable suggestions.
See some answers below:

Steven Anderson wrote:
> 1. I couldn't figure out how to specify which JDK to use for DITA transforms to PDF.  This matters, because RenderX is much faster with JDK 1.6 than 1.5, but I need 1.5 for other tools.

The DITA-OT ANT transformation is started using the same Java Virtual
Machine as Oxygen does so starting Oxygen with a 1.6 Java Virtual
Machine will also make the transformation use it.
See more about specifying the JVM for Oxygen here:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-standalone/installation-instructions.html
We added an improvement request on our issues tracker to let the users
choose a custom Java Home for running the DITA ANT transformation when
editing the scenario in the "Advanced" tab.
> 2. The DITA transform doesn't appear to be sensitive to the catalog I've defined in my oXygen preferences, thus it uses the oXygen defaults for everything.

For now the catalogs set in Oxygen are not used in any way during the
DITA-OT ANT transformation.
The catalog file used for DITA-OT ANT transformations is located in
"{OxygenInstallDir}/frameworks/dita/DITA-OT/catalog-dita.xml" and is
referred directly from the "dost.jar" library.
You have to edit the catalog file and add your entries there.

> 3. In the dita maps manager view, topicgroups, and their descendants, are not displayed.

This is indeed a mistake on our part as topic groups can have child
topic refs which enter in the TOC.
We wanted to present the DITA Map tree in a simplified manner so we
filtered part of the nodes.
If you or somebody else has suggestions for additional nodes which
should appear in the tree please say so...