[oXygen-user] Format and Indent Problem

Sorin Ristache
Tue Apr 8 06:38:34 CDT 2008

Hello,

I understand that your proposal is to normalize some text
nodes (the text nodes with whitespace characters and non
whitespace characters but not the text nodes with whitespace
characters only) even if that leads to lines that exceed the
maximum line length set in Preferences -> Editor -> Format.
I consider breaking the lines that exceed the maximum length
one of the main factors that make the pretty-printed
document more readable. Without enforcing this maximum
length the document will not be more readable after the
pretty-print operation.

If I misunderstand your proposal please give a complete
example of what you mean.