[oXygen-user] oxygen hangs when saving to URL

Sorin Ristache
Thu Sep 20 05:12:13 CDT 2007

Hello,

I could browse the content of the eXist database and open files in
oXygen without problems by using the jar files from the latest eXist
distribution available on the eXist website (eXist version 1.1.1 build
4311, build number 20061104). I opened the file db/shared/biblib.xq from
the Database Explorer view of oXygen and I edited and saved it without
errors or hangs.

Also I opened the file using WebDAV (the Open URL action) and I edited
and saved it using Ctrl + S without errors or hangs. The same thing
happened when I saved the edited file to the same location using WebDAV
(the Save to URL action). When I tried to save it to other location
(db/shared/biblib2.xq, db/home/chris/biblib2.xq) the WebDAV server
reported the 403 Forbidden error which means the guest user does not
have permission to create new files. The same thing on both Windows XP
and Mac OS X.

Can you send detailed steps specifying also the path to a file in the
eXist database for opening and saving the file for which oXygen hangs on
your computer?