[oXygen-user] Can't edit 11 meg file

James Don
Fri Nov 23 12:59:53 CST 2007

Hey I am just observing this thread ...

On the jre when you start eclipse i belive you can set the amount of
memory allowed to be used by java ...

After googling "man java" i found this in the man page ...

*-Xmx*/n/  Specifies the maximum size, in bytes, of the  memory  allocation
              pool.   This value must be a multiple of 1024 greater than 2 MB.
              Append the letter *k* or *K* to indicate kilobytes or the  letter  *m*
              or  *M*  to  indicate megabytes.  The default value is 64MB. Exam-
              ples:

            -Xmx83886080
            -Xmx81920k
            -Xmx80m

Not sure this will help ... but if you start eclipse with a "large" number you may be ok is my guess ...

Keep in mind I am just a bystandard ...

Jim

ps I would assume turning off oxygen features such as "auto completion", etc ... would allow a document not to need as much memory ...  but i have been wrong before ... you could try crippling oxygen in your options ... again this is a guess ...