[oXygen-user] Validation of no-namespace Schema-based Document

Eliot Kimber
Sat Nov 10 08:04:13 CST 2007

I'm trying to figure out how or if its possible to validate a
schema-based document against a schema where the system location is a
relative URI resolved through a catalog.

Here's my document element:

<document
	xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="simpletest_nons.xsd">

This document validates when it's in the same directory as the schema.

Here is my catalog:

<catalog xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog"
   prefer="public">
   <system systemId="simpletest_nons.xsd"
     uri="simpletest_nons.xsd"
   />
   <uri name="simpletest_nons.xsd"
     uri="simpletest_nons.xsd"
   />
   <uri name="urn:simpletest.gidi.org"
     uri="simpletest.xsd"
   />
</catalog>

When I try to validate the above document stored in a location separate
from the schema, validation fails with messages to the effect that it
can't find the schema, with an effective URI that reflects the location
of the document.

Actually I get the same sort of failure for a namespaced document valid
against a namespace-governing schema, e.g.:

<document
	xmlns="urn:simpletest.gidi.org"
	xsi:schemaLocation="urn:simpletest.gidi.org simpletest.xsd">

Is it possible to use catalogs to remap non-absolute URIs in this way or
must I use absolute URIs for the schema location value?

Thanks,

E.
--
Eliot Kimber