[oXygen-user] XML Schema & XInclude ?

Timothy Reaves
Tue Jul 17 12:12:47 CDT 2007

On Tue, July 17, 2007 10:19, Timothy Reaves wrote:
> I have an xml schema I've created.  I'd like to have several XML
> documents that are combined into a larger one (I do this with DocBook &
> chapters).  But I can't figure out how to do this with XMLSchema.
> Basically what I have is one xml document per environment (it's for
> configuration information).  I'd like to have a parent document that has
> elements from the schema that are generic to the overall base, then
> includes the several smaller environment xml documents.  Any ideas?
> Thanks!

I believe I have this with

in my xsd file, and then I have an element

<xs:element name="scopes">
      <xs:element ref="xi:include" minOccurs="0"/>

but oXygen fails to validate this line

<xs:element ref="xi:include" minOccurs="0"/>

with the error

Location: 70:24
was detected that 'xi:include' is in namespace
'http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude', but components from this namespace are
not referenceable from schema document
If this is the incorrect namespace, perhaps the prefix of 'xi:include'
needs to be changed. If this is the correct namespace, then an appropriate
'import' tag should be added to