[oXygen-user] Setting up A Catalog

Jeff Sese
Wed Jul 4 21:19:30 CDT 2007

I'm trying out the editor and tried to use a custom XML Catalog for my
project. Below is the catalog that i've careated:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE catalog PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD XML Catalogs V1.1//EN"
<catalog xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog">
    <systemSuffix systemIdSuffix="DTD_LG_XMLV24.DTD"
    <uriSuffix uriSuffix="DTD_LG_XMLV24.DTD"

I'm not familiar with catalogs so please bear with me. From my
understanding this catalog will resolve my DOCTYPE declarations to find
a local copy of my DTD. So if I have a <!DOCTYPE livre SYSTEM
"DTD_LG_XMLV24.DTD"> in my declaration this will eventually map-out to
file:///D:/RND/Hachette/DTD/DTD_LG_XMLV24.DTD. Right?

I have added this catalog in the XML Catalog section in the preferences
and already restarted the editor, but upon validation I still get a
FileNotFoundException-D:\RND\Hachette\DTD_LG_XMLV24.DTD (The system
cannot find the file specified). What am I doing wrong here?

Jeff Sese

*Jeferson L. Sese*
Asiatype Incorporated
Suite 114, Columbia Tower, Ortigas Ave.,
Greenhills, Mandaluyong City 1550 Philippines