[oXygen-user] Macro to Strip Tags from DocBook Olink target.db File

Sorin Ristache
Mon Oct 9 10:07:04 CDT 2006

Hello Ray,

I think the effect of surrounding the chapter title in an "i" element in
the olink target file is intended, not a side effect as you can see in
the template which generates it:

   <xsl:template match="chapter|appendix" mode="insert.title.markup">
       <xsl:param name="purpose"/>
       <xsl:param name="xrefstyle"/>
       <xsl:param name="title"/>

       <xsl:choose>
           <xsl:when test="$purpose = 'xref'">
               <i>
                   <xsl:copy-of select="$title"/>
               </i>
           </xsl:when>
           <xsl:otherwise>
               <xsl:copy-of select="$title"/>
           </xsl:otherwise>
       </xsl:choose>
   </xsl:template>

You can remove the <i> and </i> tags in a customization layer of the
main DocBook stytlesheet which duplicates this template and modifies it
by removing these tags. Apply the customization layer instead of the
main DocBook stylesheet to remove the tags prior to transformations and
perform the transformations at the same time (if collect.xref.targets is
set to 'yes').

We will consider publishing this customization on the <oXygen/> website.

Best regards,
Sorin

http://www.oxygenxml.com/