[oXygen-user] Format and Indent and Blank Line Removal

Lars Huttar
Mon Mar 6 12:20:37 CST 2006

Ray Miller wrote:

> Docbook-rng-5.0b3, xsl-1.69.1, saxon-6.5.5, oxygen-7.1.0
> (eclipse-3.1.2 plug-in)
>

> Noticed that the format and indent toolbar button no longer removes
> blank lines.
>

> Is this by design or an oversight?
>

> Ray

Seems like this was one of the advertised new features in the release
notes for 7.1 -- blank lines are preserved across pretty-print. I think
this was even a feature I asked for at one point, though at the time,
the oXygen staff convinced me I could do just as well by inserting
comments instead of blank lines. However I like blank lines for
readability, so for my part, this feature looks like a win. Maybe there
are circumstances though where you wouldn't want it...?

Regards,
Lars