[oXygen-user] xinclude issue

James Oldham
Fri May 27 15:59:19 CDT 2005

I have the trial version of 5.1 installed and I'm trying to work with the DocBook Xinclude sample.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.3//EN"
                         "http://www.docbook.org/xml/4.3/docbookx.dtd" [
<!ENTITY % xinclude SYSTEM "../../frameworks/docbook/dtd/xinclude.mod" >
%xinclude;
<!ENTITY % local.common.attrib "xml:base CDATA #IMPLIED" >
]>
<book>
    <article>
        <title>Welcome to the Docbook</title>
        <xi:include href="section1.xml" xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"/>
        <xi:include href="section2.xml" xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"/>
        <xi:include href="section3.xml" xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"/>
    </article>
</book>

I haven't tinkered with this file, and everything is in place where the demo installed itself (Windows XP, for what it's worth -- not much, I know).

When I try to "transform" the DocBook Xinclude sample, I get the following warnings:

	W No template matches xi:include in article.
	W No template matches xi:include in article.
	W No template matches xi:include in article.

And the outpout has empty tags, like so:

   <xi:include></xi:include>
   <xi:include></xi:include>
   <xi:include></xi:include>

I've seen the same sample work before, so I wonder what I've done to break the chain. (The files to be included are in place.)

I bet this is simple, but I am clueless.

Thanks in advance for your help.