[oXygen-user] Validation and data entry

António Mota
Mon Jan 10 09:51:00 CST 2005

Hello:

I'm new in here, i'm evaluating oXygen (among others) in order to buy
some licences to our company (nothing big, 4-5 licenses only).

Until now i'm using 5.0, i like what i see so far, but i've a big
concern. The idea is to have the editor to our XML/XSL guy (me) do the
design/test/implementation, along with our Javascript guy (me) and the
CSS guy (me) cause the first project will be client-side tranforms,
and also with our Java guy (well, me) for other XML projects (based on
the XUI project).

However after all these people :) do their work it will be the need
for some other people, probably with no or little understandig of XML,
to pick up the definitions and "write" a lot of XML files for
application use.

Until now i'm testing Schema validation on data entry, but i can only
validate the data after their inclusion. Isn't a way to do some
"on-the-fly" real-time validation?

Also, using 5.0, it seems the data introduction modes are very poor.
I've installed 5.1 just now. Is there some improvements on this?

Excuse me also for my bad english writing...

Cheers.