[oXygen-user] Setting up catalog files for W3C XML Schemas

Sorin Ristache
Fri Feb 11 01:58:23 CST 2005

Hello,

You should not modify the default catalog provided by <oXygen/>. It is
used for providing default support to document types like Docbook, TEI,
XHTML, SVG, JSP, for example if you create new documents starting from
templates provided by the action "New from templates". As you can see in
the XML Catalog Preferences page you have only a checkbox for
instructing <oXygen/> to use the default catalog or not. The text field
is not editable.

To use an additional XML catalog you have to add it to the list of
catalogs from the same Preferences page by using the New button. The
locations from schemaLocation attributes of XML documents and the system
IDs from DOCTYPE declarations will be searched first in the default
catalog if it is enabled and then in the catalogs from the list
displayed in the Preferences page in the order they are enumerated in
the list.

Best regards,

http://www.oxygenxml.com/