[oXygen-user] wish: reindenting without rewrapping

Lars Huttar
Thu Oct 28 17:03:54 CDT 2004

Dear Oxygen folks,

I'm not sure if this is the right mailing list for feature wishes, but
here's one.
I love the pretty-printing ("Format and indent") feature as a way to fix
indentation.
However, I also like to include blank lines in my stylesheets to make
them more readable, e.g. to separate one template from the next. But
when I use Format-and-indent, the blank lines are eliminated.
I also sometimes like to have comments following an XSLT instruction on
the same line.

So it would be nice to have a way to reindent without affecting line
breaks. E.g. just a "reindent" command. (Ctrl+Alt+P? Ctrl+Shift+I?)

It would be possible to offer this functionality as a Preferences option
for the Format-and-indent command, but that would not be ideal since
there are often times that you DO want to rewrap long lines and so on.
Switching a preferences option on and off would be annoying. The ideal
would be to have a separate command.

Regards,
Lars