[oXygen-user] Re: custom layers

Sean Wheller
Mon Jan 19 13:15:05 CST 2004

Hi George,

I found the problem. This is a strange one.

In a previous session on the week-end I was toying with website-2.5.0 and I
had added the catalog.xml to Oxygens XML Catalog list. When trying to
transform I was confused by the errors as they were not docbook. Thinking
about the problem it suddenly dawned on me that the errors were from WebSite.

So I removed the catalog entry, closed and restarted Oxygen, then did a
validation of the HTML customization layer. Guess what .... the document is
valid and transformations work as expected.

This explains why xsltproc was able to do the transform. xsltproc was not
aware of the WebSite catalog and the xsl's were valid all along.

The problem seems to be replicated by adding the WebSite catalog.xml to my
list of XML Catalogs. This catalog does not know where the docbook components
are, because I have not set it up to do so, yet.

The WebSite catalog was third in the list after the docbook and tei catalog
entries. Is there a search order used by oxygen. Should it have found the
entry in the oxygen catalog?

Sean Wheller

--
Sean Wheller