[oXygen-user] revisited: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Sean Wheller
Wed Jan 7 00:47:49 CST 2004

--- Dan Caprioara <> wrote:
> Hello Sean,
>
> Well, FOP has problems with big input files. I think
> one solution is to
> split somehow the input in two pieces and convert
> them individually.

Yes, but that is difficult with the files are in
sequence and form part of a book with running
headers/footers and sequenced page numbers. Also
references between sections need to be hard coded.

> Other solution is to use another FO processor. From
> my knowledge XEP
> failed on FO files generated from Docbook, but I did
> not checked the
> latest release.

I have the trial edition installed. As you say it
fails.

> Here is a link with a list of FO processors:
>
> http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/FOprocessors.html

Yes I know this list and am trying them.

Sean Wheller