[oXygen-sdk] HisTEI: An Oxygen framework for historical documents encoded in TEI

Mike Olson M.Olson at uu.nl
Mon Nov 3 08:27:32 CST 2014

Hi all,

I just wanted to let everyone know about a new framework we've been working
on for Oxygen called HisTEI (i.e. Historical TEI). It's aimed at making
historical documents easier to transcribe using TEI in the Oxygen Author
view. The idea is that this view is much easier for typical Humanities
researchers to use.

The project is still in its infancy, but the framework is already being
used by several projects working with historical linguistic corpora. The
framework is completely open source (MIT license) and available on GitHub:

https://github.com/odaata/HisTEI

For installation instructions, check out the Wiki on GitHub. You can use
the base framework (called HisTEI) to try it out. We are happy to help
create a specific framework for your project as well.

We warmly welcome any new participants on the project or any tips that
might improve what we have already!

Cheers,
Mike Olson
Utrecht University