[oXygen-sdk] Not able to use insert symbols

Alex Jitianu alex_jitianu at sync.ro
Mon May 12 03:09:05 CDT 2014

Hi Nathan,

An AuthorDocumentFragment is a very low level API and the insert symbol
actions also go though it (from what I've investigated, through
insertFragment()). Perhaps the code you've written in insertFragment()
needs to make some additional checks? Is there any exception stack trace
presented in the console? If not, perhaps you can surround your code
with something like this to see if an exception is generated there:

   public void insertFragment(AuthorDocumentFilterBypass filterBypass,
int offset,
       AuthorDocumentFragment frag) {

try {
// The code
} catch (Throwable t) {
   t.printStackTrace()
}
}

If you start Oxygen from the command line scripts (oxygen.bat, oxygen.sh
etc) you should be able to see what exception is to blame.

Another think you could do to see if your customization is to blame is
to disable your AuthorExtensionStateListener and see if the issue still
happens. If the issue still happens then it's probably an Oxygen issue.

Best regards,
Alex
--
Alex Jitianu