[oXygen-user] [ANN] The OpenAPI Tester add-on has been released!

Alin Belu alin_belu at oxygenxml.com
Thu Dec 23 01:51:20 CST 2021

Hello everyone,

We are excited to announce the release of the *OpenAPI Tester add-on*!

This new add-on contributes a view in Oxygen XML Editor that can be used
as a testing tool for OpenAPI files. The tool provides capabilities to
easily inspect OpenAPI request-responses, and make sure they work as
expected. It is available for OpenAPI 3.0
(https://spec.openapis.org/oas/v3.0.3) in JSON format.

To install the add-on, follow these instructions:
* Go to *Help* > *Install new add-ons* to open an add-on selection
dialog box.
* Enter or paste
https://www.oxygenxml.com/InstData/Addons/default/updateSite.xml in the
*Show add-ons from* field or select it from the drop-down menu.
* Select the *OpenAPI Tester* add-on and click *Next*.
* Read the end-user license agreement. Then select the *I accept all
terms of the end-user license agreement* option and click *Finish*.
* Restart the application.

To use the tool, select *OpenAPI Tester* from the *Tools* >*JSON Tools*
menu. This opens a dialog box where you can specify the location of the
OpenAPI file that you want to test.

*Important:* The add-on is free and is compatible with any *Oxygen XML
Editor/Developer version 24.0 and newer*.

For more information on the OpenAPI Tester add-on, please make sure to
check the following page:
https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/24.0/ug-editor/topics/openapi-tester.html

We hope you will find this new addition to the Oxygen add-on library
useful and as always, your feedback is welcome!

Best regards,
Alin

--
Alin Belu